Monday, March 21, 2005

MORE THEOCRACY: ON TERRY SCHAIVO

I won't start this post with "I wasn't going to blog about the Schaivo case" because every post I read about it starts that way. I will only say that what the Republicans in congress are doing defies imagination and I cannot find words to describe my disgust and anger in this case. Other, more talented, bloggers and writers do have some words though, so I will point you to them:

To read about the absolute hypocrisy of the GOP check out Digby.

Check out how Senate Republicans consider this a great political issue.

Read about Bill Frist's mendacity here.

Ed Kilgore has good thoughts here and here.

If a profanity-laden rant is what you are looking for, look no further.

On the positive side polls are showing broad disapproval of congress' intervention by the American Public.

[UPDATE] Dahlia Lithwick, who is, in my opinion, one of the best political wirters around (and THE BEST writer on legal issues), has a must read article on the case.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home